Our Feng Shui Journey – On becoming a Feng Shui Architect.
September 5, 2016
My Feng Shui journey of becoing a Feng Shui architect started just after I graduated from my architectural study in Australia, I was looking towards Feng Shui, my cultural heritage, to find a way to help me grow into a better architect, more humane and more in touch with nature.
Recently we just finished a 2 years training program accredited by the Feng Shui Society UK and Europe and about to embark on a second program in the new year. In order for us to understand our potential students better, we asked them to tell us a little bit about themselves why they want to learn Feng Shui with a set of questionnaire.
Today I received one reply and it touched my heart because what the student said is so similar to my search and my feelings at the time nearly 40 years ago. I asked her for permission to post it here what she wrote, by way of expressing my own longings to excel in our profession.
Picture below show a page from students submitted for the final practical examination on the Qi Flow and Containment Study of a house. If you are interested in the new 2 years program to be taught in London you can find the relevant information here: http://www.fengshui-college.org/uk
“2. I am interested in Feng Shui for some years now. However, until now just being an idea rather than taking it seriously and studying it deeper. I would like to study it because to me it should be the basic and the primordial study and finding for any place occupied by people. It just happened that the Chinese were the ones very hard working to put it together and give it to humans as a structured writing and information.
3. We are part of the Whole which works perfectly any way, we as humans at some point forget to follow those principles and lows and forget to live together and started to go away and fall apart. We can not…we can see that clearly- we are part of the creation…one of the greatest and we should take responsibility of what we are doing and how we are living and mature. Some of the ways to learn how to understand , follow and be part of the whole is thru Feng Shui to me. In the way I live and what I do a significant part.
There is a dream I have also about designing “THE DREAM”- a kind of self contained town/ village/space as I see it working in harmony with Nature and life itself, based on the 5 Elements, the seasons, the cardinal direction, flower of life, Platonic solids and the houses being spheres as the best form… based on molecule/ sell structure. Any way, working from time to time on that I realized that I need more knowledge and I can find a big part of it in Feng Shui.
4. It started back home with an article I had red in a magazine maybe 12-15 years ago. The whole writing sounded with a lot of sense and then later from time to time I will read a book or watch you tube videos to a point where I got confused of so many schools and left it for the moment being.
Also I have tried to figure out my self the Feng shui at home…☺ In general I am starting from scratch☺
5. I work in an architectural practice, mainly dealing with Historical listed buildings but also some new and extensions.
6. Yes at this point of my life I think I am able to complete the two years course.
7. Yes I would love to serve and help people to live in a better place and better life and become better people if possible….:) if I may and if/ when they are open and willing to take the journey. I will be very happy to apply my knowledge at work.
8. Most of all it is my journey and I am willing to take it- it is my personal seeking to develop my self and have the knowledge on that subject. Even if it just for that and for making my home , my parents and friends homes a better places it is great. Second of all I think at my work – I am designing people’s houses most importantly homes, whether new or old I am sure I can apply this knowledge (even secretly ☺ ) and make this places happy and make them live in harmonious places ( I would love to be the fairy and spread some Feng Shui magic dust around☺) .And last but not least this big Dream I have…Even it will sit on a paper at home I would love to make it proper. We never know…life is full of miracles.