Feng Shui Study Questions
October 18, 2014
I gave these questions out to my students last week and the worse result in the class was 14/20. How many of them can you answer?
1) What are “the five essential components of a landscape model” (Dili Wujue)? Please draw a sketch showing their relationship to each other.
2) What is the “four animals model” (Siling) arrangement? Please show with a sketch or explain how they are derived from nature – “the five essential components of a landscape model”.
3) How can you tell the yin and yang of mountain and water? When is a mountain considered yin and water yang and when is the reverse being the case?
4) Please name 5 of the 15 core principles of form feng shui and explain briefly what they are.
5) What is the essential difference between “Bazhai Mingjing” (The Bright Mirror of Eight Mansion) and “Yangzhai Sanyao” (The Three Essentials of a Yang Dwelling) in the Eight Mansion School of feng shui.
6) A man and a woman were both born in January 1987, what are their Minggua numbers? Do man and woman born in the same year always have the same Minggua numbers? Please give reasons to your answer.
7) In a west-four house the husband is a west-four person but the wife is an east-four person, so the house suits the man more, what can we do for the woman?
8) What are the names and the elements of the 8 wandering qi in Eight Mansion School of feng shui? What is the most desirable of the 8 wandering qi and what is the least desirable?
9) What is the term “Xuan Kong” means? How are they expressed in the Flying Star School of feng shui?
10) In a Flying Star chart, each of the palaces has four numbers or stars, that is four latyers of numbers, what are they and what do they represent?
11) In a Period 8 house facing S3, is it better to have a home office in the west or north-east Guaqi-wise?
12) Please construct a replacement chart from a normal chart for a period 8 house sitting on E1.
13) In the Xuankong Dagua School of feng shui why do we need to match up “the coming dragon” and the “going water” with the sitting and facing of a tomb or house? Please name 2 types of auspicious matching of numbers.
14) Is the Tongren Dagua, with the Qian trigram on top of the Li trigram, an auspicious or harmful Hexagram? Please give your reasons.
15) Please name the four San He water methods learned in class.
16) What are the 12 Life Stages in the San He School of feng shui?
17) What is the major difference between a Sanyuan and a Sanhe Luopan compass?
18) In what directions the “general” Direct and Indirect Spirits for Period 7 are located? Also, in a Period 7 house facing E2 where are “specific” Direct and Indirect Spirits?
19) What is the San Cai Methodology for feng shui audit and analysis? Please explain how you can use this methodology to find the appropriate suggestions in a feng shui consultation.
20) How does a feng shui “cure” work in practice? For example, what would you do if your client asked you to use feng shui to help her find a husband?